Ferocity Pet Face-offSeptember 9, 2008
- Demoralizing Screech: Blasts a single enemy for x damage and lowers the melee attack power of all enemies in melee range by y. Effect lasts 4 sec.
I’ve never been a big fan of the birds. I don’t know, they just kind of bug me. But I could see the Demoralizing Screech being pretty useful in many situations… though the duration is pretty short.
- Prowl: Puts your pet in stealth mode, but slows its movement speed by x%. The first attack from stealth receives a y% bonus to damage. Lasts until cancelled.
I never used this ability on my cat, so having this as the special ability for my DPS pet doesn’t make much sense… I don’t think it would even be that useful for PvP, at least not for my PvP style (which does not involve sneaking).
- Lava Breath: Your pet breathes a double gout of molten lava at the target for x Fire damage and reduces the target’s casting speed by 50% for 10 sec.
Now this, this is my kind of PvP ability. I could use a core hound for my pet for PvP, although the size of the pet might make it a pretty easy target. But they look so cool, I especially like the Kurken model.
- Monstrous Bite: Your devilsaur ferociously bites the enemy, causing x damage, and boosts its own damage by 3% for 12 seconds. This effect stacks 3 times.
Pretty sure everyone is going to have a devilsaur. They aren’t very cuddly, but I think I will have to train one, just to give it a try at least. And the ability is pretty awesome.
- Tendon Rip: Tears at an enemy’s legs for x and reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
Hyenas are kind of ugly… and the ability isn’t super. It’s nice, but I can’t see myself using it all the time.
- Serenity Dust: The moth’s wings produce a cloud of dust that increases its attack power by 10% and heals it for x over 15 sec.
Mmmm… pretty moths 🙂 I’ve always loved them, and I could totally see myself picking one of these up. The special ability is pretty nice too!
- Savage Rend: Slashes the enemy with the raptor’s talons for x damage, and causes the target to bleed for y damage every 3 sec for 15 sec. Successful critical strikes with this ability temporarily boost the raptor’s attack power.
Raptors and trolls just go together, it makes sense. Decent ability, although not great when DoTs are not supposed to be used (like in some boss fights).
- Dust Cloud: Your tallstrider kicks up an obscuring cloud of dust, causing all enemies within 10 yards to miss their next attack. Lasts for 8 sec.
Very unique ability, pretty neat… but I think I’d end up finding it a little feckless. Tallstriders themselves… well, only the pink one is cool, of course.
- Sting: Your wasps stings for x Nature damage, and decreases the armor of the target by y for 20 sec. While affected, the target cannot stealth or turn invisible.
I really like the whole armour decrease thing for some reason. This could be a pretty viable pet for PvP or PvE.
- Furious Howl: Increases attack power by x for Party members within 40 yards of the wolf. Lasts 10 sec.
Wolves are pretty nice, and this is a nice party-wide buff. Depends how well it scales though, I haven’t really seen the numbers on that.
So in conclusion.. my Ferocity pet is looking like a Devilsaur, Moth, Wasp, or possibly a Core Hound if I want one of these as a PvP pet.