Creepy Cunning PetsSeptember 11, 2008
- Sonic Blast: Emits a piercing shriek, inflicting x Nature damage and stunning the target for 2 sec.
Stuns are really nice to have… bats, not so much.
Birds of Prey
- Snatch: The bird of prey grabs the enemy’s weapon with its talons, causing x damage and disarming them for 6 sec.
Ooo, disarm! Now that’s how you annoy people. I could see myself using that for PvP maybe… there are some pretty nice looking birds out there too.
- Froststorm Breath: Your pet simultaneously breathes frost and lightning at an enemy target, inflicting Frost and Nature damage and slowing the target.
Everyone loooves the Chimaeras! I like the ones in Winterspring, the blue ones… pretty sweet. I’d like to hear more about the ability though, since I know there have been lots of strange bugs with it in the beta so far.
- Fire Breath: Targets in a cone in front of the caster take x Fire damage over 2 sec.
Probably the shortest DoT I’ve ever seen… 2 seconds? Is that really necessary? I’ve always thought the Dragonhawks were really beautiful, but I wouldn’t feel right having one if I’m not a blood elf. And I wouldn’t feel right BEING a blood elf. So I guess there goes that.
- Nether Shock: Instantly lashes an enemy for x Shadow damage. Also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec.
A nice anti-spell caster ability, but I think I’d prefer a stun over a counterspell thingy, since I’m not focused enough to send my pet at casters… I just let it go where ever.
- Ravage: Violently attacks an enemy for x, stunning it for 2 sec.
Ravagers creep me out.
- Poison Spit: Spits poison at an enemy, dealing x Nature damage over 8 sec.
I must say, I don’t usually like the crawly type of pets… but there are some pretty sweet looking serpent skins!
- Venom Web Spray: Sprays toxic webs at the target, preventing movement for 4 sec and causing Nature damage over time.
Like I’ve said before… I don’t see too much of a point for stopping the mob from moving if it’s just going to stand there and attack my pet anyway… also, creepy.
- Web: Encases the target in sticky webs, preventing movement for 4 sec.
What’s with all the creepy cunning pets? This is pretty much the same as the Silithid ability, but it’s lacking in doing damage. I’d think they’d at least give it some extra time or something to make it not just a feckless copy of the Silithid ability.
- Spore Cloud: Dusts nearby enemies with spores causing x Nature damage every 3 sec for 9 sec and reducing armor by y.
Another nature DoT, but I do like the armour reduction especially. Spore bats are not creepy, I kind of like them. I just wish they had more of a face.
- Lightning Breath: Breathes lightning, instantly dealing x Nature damage to a single target.
Sparkle! I have been playing around with my Wind Serpent quite a bit lately, and I must say I do like it. It’s a little annoying how it tries to fly out to cast, but I can deal with that.
Well…. not too impressed by the Cunning pets, unfortunately. I’ll likely be sticking with my Wind Serpent from this tree, or maybe give a Chimaera a try… they sound like fun.